By: Marcus Stewart, FrontPaigeMe Staff
I did not think it was possible to love and hate something at the same time, until I went to college that is. I am going to provide a list of all the things I hate and LOVE about college. This is for my fellow college students to agree with me on and hopefully provide some insights for people coming to college soon! Let’s jump into what I love about college first.
5 things I love about college
1. FREEDOM. Hands down one of the best things about college is the freedom. Being able to do what you want, when you want how you want without people being down your back about how you need to do this and that.
2. College class times. In college, majority of my classes were 50 minutes long a few times a week, or maybe an hour and a half depending how often you had the class. Needless to say, you’re not spending 8 hours of your day in class like high school.
3. Friendships. College is a place where you have thousands of kids all around the same age and y’all relate on so much and might not even know it. You make longtime friendships being in college together and growing with each other one semester at a time.
4. Campus Life. Living on campus is one of the best experiences ever and I think everyone should experience it. Being in the dorms, and living on your own away from your parents without having too many responsibilities preps you slowly but surely for the real world.
5. College Nights. Let’s face it you’re going to party in college (just don’t party too hard). But also appreciate the moments you spend with your friends up all night talking and laughing while everyone’s supposed to be studying. But you’ll have lots of sleepless nights too wondering how you’re going to pass that exam in the morning. This is all a part of the college experience, embrace it!
5 Things I hate about college
1. Going to class. Believe it or not getting up and going to class is one of the hardest things in the world. I know hats what were there to do but that’s mine and probably everyone’s biggest obstacle, going to class.
2. In person Exams. Throughout your college career you’re going to notice you take a lot of online exams and quizzes, so many that you’re going to despise in person exams.
3. Price. The cost of college is honestly outrageous and although there are grants, loans, and scholarships, it will still probably be one of the “brokest” times of your life. Just keep in mind you are not the only one, everybody understands and can relate.
4. Food. College campus food is definitely not gourmet or extravagant meals. A lot of fast food options and you actually start missing home cooked meals. Especially when you have sleep for dinner at least one night per week.
5. Lack of Sleep. No matter what, in college you are always going to be tired and you will literally do everything in your power to sneak in at least one nap throughout the day.
College is a funny thing to try to explain to someone, like yes my life is in shambles and I hate everything right now, I am also having the time of my life in college. Sleepless nights, dorm life, and fun are all a part of the college experience and enjoy it while it lasts.